All indoor meetings are held on the second Friday of the month from September until March, from 7:30pm at the Chuch of the Ascension, Michaelson Avenue, Torrisholme, LA4 6RH. (the Hall is in Michaelson Avenue, first left off Lancaster Road between The Shrimp Roundabout and Torrisholme) There is a a charge of £2 including light refreshments. There is no need to book for these talks. For more information, contact the Programme Secretary on 01524 422110.
November 8 Friday– Fascinating Facts about Fungi
An illustrated talk
by local expert Steve Bullen.
December 13 Friday– Christmas Event
A Wildlife Fun Quiz, members
photographs and a Jacob’s Join. Everyone invited. Contributions towards the
January 10 Friday– A Walk in the Woods
An illustrated talk by
ecologist Kevin Briggs about the birds of different local woodlands.
February 14 Friday– Through A Lens
With Ken Blamire, a naturalist` s
view of wildlife whilst motoring through France.
March 13 Friday– Warton Mires
A presentation by Jarrod Sneyd from
Leighton Moss RSPB about this local wetland project, its goals and
Heysham Nature Reserve
- LOCATION: Heysham Nature Reserve & Heysham Power Station’s Visitor Centre are on Moneyclose Lane, LA3 2UW
- NATURE & DISCOVERY TUESDAYS: Joint family events run by Lancashire Wildlife Trust & Heysham Power Station’s Visitor Centre.
- BOOKING: When booking an event, we will ask for contact details to inform you of any changes that may occur and we advise that you ring before planning to come along to any events.
- RESTRICTIONS: Children should be accompanied by an adult at all events.
- DOGS: There is a No Dogs Policy (except registered assistance dogs) within the main area of the Nature Reserve.
- DISABLED ACCESS: We regret disabled access is limited in the Nature Reserve as paths can be steep and uneven
- CONTACT: Heysham Power Station Visitor Centre on 01524 868451 or firstname.lastname@example.org to book and for any information.
October 21 Monday– Broomstick, Bats & Bones
Additional sesssion, as afternoon
October 21 Monday 12:30 PM–2:30 PM Broomsticks, Bats and Bones
Join us for some Halloween woodland crafts to make a broom with Sam Ansell,
dig out a pumpkin and join on a skeleton scavenger hunt. This event is for children
aged 4+ but there will be crafts for younger children. Wear suitable outdoor
clothing and footwear.
£1 donation per family
November 22 Friday 10:00 AM Nature tots
Bring along your little ones to our winter session where we will explore and learn about winter time and animals on the reserve.
November 29 Friday 10:00 AM–11:45 AM Nature Tots at Christmas
Why no join us for a festive tots session with a short trail, crafty decoration making
and writing a letter to Father Christmas. You can then go out and post it. Booking is
necessary with healthy snack and refreshments provided. Suitable for ages 1 to 5 years.
£2 donation per child to pay on arrival.
November 30 Saturday 10:00 AM–12:30 PM Willow & Rush Decoration Workshop
Why not join us for either of our festive crafty sessions making wreaths, stars,
snowmen or baubles out of willow along with a chance to make an angel or
reindeer out of rush. All welcome but suitable for 5 + with guidance from parents
and ourselves leading the session. Places are limited so please book in advance.
£4 donation per person to pay on arrival.
November 30 Saturday 1:30 PM–4:00 PM Willow & Rush Decoration Workshops
December 7 Saturday 10:00 AM–3:00 PM Dear Father Christmas
Come along to Heysham to write your Christmas letter to Father Christmas and
then follow the winter trail and post your letters in the Reserve. Father Christmas’s
helpers will be there to guide you on your visit and help you make some
decorations to. No need to book and refreshments are provided. Suitable for
ages 3 and up.
£3 donation per child to pay on arrival.
December 8 Sunday 10:00 AM–3:00 PM Dear Father Christmas
As December 7