Red darter dragonfly (Sympetrum striolatum) in a Bolton-le-Sands garden
Words and Photograph Steve Garland
- Wildlife Trust for Lancashire, Manchester and North Merseyside
- Marine Conservation Society
- Lancaster & District Birdwatching Society
- Lancashire Moths
- Lancashire Environmental & Wildlife Groups A networking forum for groups across Lancashire, to promote their environmental and wildlife related events and activities.
- North Lancashire Wildlife Group The title is fairly self explanatory, although the boundaries are not sacrosanct. You can publish anything on here that members might find interesting or useful. Admin reserve the right to remove anything about domestic pets, or anything likely to offend, whacky humour excepted. This will be an open group to start, but once we have a few members will revert to a closed group. Further info to follow.
- Lancashire Wildlife Group A social media site for the wildlife of Lancashire (old-skool boundaries)
- Lancaster Wildlife and Nature Group Share your photos of wildlife flowers plants in and around lancaster north west uk and europe
- West Lancashire Wildlife Group The group was established in 2009 as a friendly, informal natural history group, focusing on the wildlife and habitats of West Lancashire and the Sefton Coast. We run indoor meetings every month at Edge Hill University, Ormskirk and organise a variety of field trips and training sessions.
- Lancashire Wildlife Photography A place to share your local wildlife photos!
- West Lancashire Nature Notes This Facebook group is here to enable members to celebrate, enjoy, promote & share information about the wonderful wildlife, nature and landscapes of West Lancashire and adjacent areas. This includes the wonderful nature reserves of Martin Mere, Mere Sands Wood, Hesketh Out Marsh, Banks Marsh, Marshside, Gorse Hill, Scutchers Acres and our local coastline. Just as importantly it includes our gardens, open spaces, parks and our glorious and productive farms & countryside. This group can be a great place to let others know about issues & problems facing our wildlife and countryside, such as; planning issues, illegal land management activity, illegal hunting or persecution or to ask for help.... Please do share your local wildlife, nature & natural landscape photographs, videos, updates sightings & news. Feel free to discuss land management & wildlife gardening & how to attract species to your patch. Whilst we welcome photos of domestic livestock in the context of conservation management and landscape please avoid sharing photos of captive animals & birds - it would be easy to get inundated with pictures of Nenes & Flamingos from Martin Mere...
- Lancashire Wildlife Trust
- The Wildlife Trust for Lancashire, Manchester and North Merseyside has a number of nature reserves in the north Lancashire area, managed from the office at Heysham Nature Reserve. This Facebook page is intended to promote these reserves and keep readers and visitors informed about activities and wildlife seen on them
- Lancashire Lepidoptera
- North Lancashire Bat Group
- Orthoptera of North Lancashire & South Cumbria/
- North West Invertebrates